How will I know what work is available?
We will contact you by either email or telephone to discuss available assignments with you. Please ensure you provide us with a telephone number where we can contact you during the day.
How much work will I be expected to do?
There is no minimum or maximum requirement. You are free to accept or decline assignments dependant upon your availability.
How will I get selected for an assignment?
There are a number of factors we consider when selecting shoppers for assignments. Demographics, location, availability etc are all important considerations.
What equipment do I need?
You will need access to the Internet and have an active email address. You will also need a printer to print your assignment briefs.
What assignments involve
Each assignment is different but normally involves assessing staff performance, customer service, cleanliness etc. Our clients want to ensure that the company standards they set are adhered to and the customer experiences the best service possible.
Clients use the feedback to assist in developing the customer service standards and training for their staff.
Dress code for mystery shoppers
Being a mystery shopper is just like being a regular shopper. The only difference is the reason you are shopping. Mystery shoppers should not stand out in the crowd. If an assignment requires a particular dress code then it will be detailed in the brief.
Your goal is to dress and act like a normal customer. You must never reveal yourself as a mystery shopper.
Each assignment brief will detail the expected timescale so please read through carefully and allow enough time for your visit.
Before you carry out an assignment
- It is critical that you plan your mystery shopping assignment carefully.
- By prepared for your assignment to ensure success.
READ THE BRIEF
- It is vital that you read and understand the brief.
- The brief details how the assignment must be completed.
- It is crucial that you remember these details fully as each client has different reports.
- Clients needs change so please refer to the brief every time you conduct a Mystery Shop in case details have changed.
- If you are in any doubt please call us before you conduct your visit.
Whilst conducting an assignment
- Always remember that you are incognito so you cannot use notepads, clipboards, or Dictaphones in, or within sight of, the location of the visit.
- Follow the brief.
- You must memorise key points e.g. staff name, location of toilets etc.
- Do not use leading questions e.g. “do you sell large drinks?”. This will restrict the level of service the staff are able to provide. However, if you find that the staff member is not forthcoming then you need to ask questions to trigger a more in-depth conversation.
- You must be objective.
- All staff have the opportunity to question the reports and therefore the information you provide must be 100% accurate.
- Relax, act normally, and do not draw attention to yourself.
- Take notes as soon as possible so that you can complete your evaluation.
You can contact us by post at the address below or by email.
- Retail Active
- Sequential Solutions Ltd
- Start Electron
- Fermi Avenue
- Harwell Science and Innovation Campus
- OX11 0QR
- United Kingdom