Salary: £48k, Bonus Scheme, Company Car, Incentive Package and Benefits
Based: Harwell, Oxfordshire
Retail Active is one of the fastest growing customer intelligence companies in the UK. We work with some of the world's best known brands and are now looking to implement our aggressive growth plans in the UK and overseas.
We currently have a vacancy for an Operations Director, based at our office in Harwell, Oxfordshire. This is a pivotal role and vital to the company's future success. Reporting to the Managing Director you will be directly responsible for executing the company's business plan and daily operational activity. You will work closely with the Commercial Director and be responsible for the Operations Teams, ensuring flawless execution of the Retail Active proposition to complete client satisfaction.
Prior experience in customer research programmes is essential, coupled with an excellent understanding of customer experience in retail and hospitality environments. You will also have proven senior management (operational) experience in a high pressure environment.
You will have outstanding interpersonal and presentation skills, be commercially astute with an aptitude for strategic business development. Key to this role is your ability to drive growth by adding real value to both existing and new clients.
As Operations Director you will be responsible for leading your teams by example, forging strong high-level relationships with clients and for meeting demanding business targets.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic business at an influential level with potential to reap substantial rewards and success.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Delivery of the company business plan and financial objectives
- Management of the Completion Team, Quality Assurance Team, Account Management and IT Teams to ensure flawless execution of the Retail Active proposition
- Communication and delivery of agreed company KPI's weekly, monthly and quarterly and annually
- Attending high level meetings to ensure complete client satisfaction, representing the companies range of services whilst making a meaningful difference to client businesses
- Understanding client objectives and continually qualifying client needs through communicating to and meeting with clients at strategic and head office levels
- Compare revenue performance with market opportunity by product
- Fulfill ad hoc reporting requests as needed
- Maintain a well informed understanding of competitors activity, products and objectives
- Work with the Managing Director and Sales Director on relevant client acquisition projects, participate in company marketing and sales efforts where appropriate
- Seek every opportunity to represent Retail Active, its products and business interests with third party organisations and business partners
- Interact and foster outstanding working relationships with clients, be fully conversant with Retail Active products in order to help drive sales - and specifically on large, cross-discipline pitches and RFPs
- Delivering an agreed increase in overall productivity by focusing on streamlining current processes and implementing industry best practices
- Lead large national and international projects, from initial costing through logistical delivery and quality assurance
- Deliver business to grow at +30% per year while decreasing operating costs through process re-engineering and supply chain and people management
- To attend monthly Business Planning meetings and agree points of further action to deliver the company plan
Required Skills and Experience:
- Degree in communications, market research, business, or related field
- Extensive experience managing operations for a qualitative market research organisation
- Experience in leading and motivating teams to deliver outstanding results in a demanding environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, being used to present complex data in an interesting and easy to comprehend way
- Outstanding project management skills with the ability to establish priorities, manage multiple projects, establish time lines manage and appraise team leaders and employees to achieve objectives
- Experience working with top clients across multiple industries, including FMCG, Finance, Healthcare, Retail, Hospitality, Automotive and Technology
- Experience in successfully implementing new product innovation to the market place
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact professionally and effectively with all levels of employees and senior leadership
- Ability to operate effectively under pressure of deadlines. Ability to adapt quickly to change
- Leadership experience as demonstrated by successfully managing an organisation of at least 15 team members
- A commitment to maintain confidentiality of employee, client and business data
- Strong strategic, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Good knowledge of PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Experience managing large, complex domestic and multi-national projects across cultures
- Experience working with senior management to drive and implement key business strategies
Closing date for applications is 24th August 2012.